Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Getaway to Bear Lake

I have been feeling a little burned out lately.  Jared has been working until 7 every night so he only sees Camden when he wakes up and right before he goes to bed.  That is a lot of time spent home alone entertaining a toddler! I am still so tired.  I was hoping by this point in my pregnancy that would have gone away, but it is all I can do to get up and shower some days!  Camden is going through a bit of a ... rough patch.  He is still enjoying his new hobby of getting poop out of his diaper and smearing it all over everything if I don't change him in time. Don't get me wrong,  I love him to pieces but I was just ready for a little break. Lucky, the Sutton's invited us to their cabin in Bear Lake for the weekend and we just couldn't say no!  We arranged for Camden to stay with his grandparents for a few nights so we could have a little time to ourselves.

We left on Friday night.  We got to the cabin, ate pizza and watched some movies.

Saturday morning we went out and had a little target practice.  Guns are so scary to me!  We definitely won't be purchasing one of those anytime soon.

 Jared had quite the aim!

It was so cold that Marin and I sat in the car while the boys took a few more shots. And as you can see, I could barely zip my coat up over my belly.

Later that night, we went and ate at the Bear Trapper Steakhouse.  It was pretty good!  We went back to the cabin and relaxed.  

On Sunday (after sleeping in... that was lovely!), we went to church in Paris, ID and then went and did a little sight seeing of some surrounding towns.   We walked out onto the frozen lake.  It was a little bit freaky knowing my big, pregnant body could fall through the ice into a freezing lake!

It was so nice to have a little break but we couldn't wait to get back home and see our little buddy (I may have cried a time or two because I missed him so much)!  He had so much fun playing with his cousins and grandparents!


2 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

how fun! we love cabins!

Mindy said...

Does he undo his diaper, or just reach into the back? I remember my mom putting duct tape over the flaps in the front on my little brothers diapers to keep him from getting it off... if that's your battle.